Applying the decals
Contrary to appearances, applying motorcycle decals is a demanding skill. I strongly recommend that you outsource this work to professionals, especially if we are dealing with a large sticker. For brave do-it-yourselfers who still want to do it themselves, I present a short instructional video below. Video shows applying the decal using a "wet" method.
Before you get started, these four very important tips:
- The surface on which you apply the sticker must be perfectly clean and degreased.
- The stickers have a protective coating, do not try to peel it off. The so-called application tape, which only appears on some stickers and must be removed from the sticker, is always much larger than the sticker itself. It is easy to distinguish.
- The stickers should NOT be applied earlier than 5 days after painting. Applying stickers too early will cause vapor bubbles on the sticker. Time of approx. 5 days required for the paint to evaporate completely.
- All our decals can be painted, but only 3 days after application. Otherwise there is a risk of vapor bubbles appearing on the sticker. Sticker glue must be completely dry before the sticker is covered with the clear coat.
- Think twice and plan how you will stick the sticker. Sometimes, especially large stickers, need to be shaped. A hair dryer can very well be used for this. After heating, the sticker is very flexible and easy to stretch. Keep this in mind when applying, especially with a large sticker, it may need to be "stretched" a bit.
We wish you successful results.